Online Savings Features
- No minimum deposit to open
- No transaction fees
- Multiple ways to access your money
- Interest compounded daily, paid monthly
- Rate is variable and may change after the Account is opened
- Six withdrawal limit per statement cycle
- Maximum deposit amount $1,000,000
- FDIC insurance up to the maximum allowed by law
Rates as of
Online Savings Calculator
The calculator is for illustrative purposes only and may not apply to your individual circumstances. Calculated values assume that principal and interest remain on deposit. All APYs are subject to change.
The National Average is based on the APY average for high yield savings accounts with a minimum balance of at least $2,500 offered by the top 50 U.S. banks (ranked by total deposits) as reported by Informa Research Services, Inc. Calabasas, CA, informars.com. Rates are only as accurate as the information reported to Informa by the banks.
Compare Savings Rates
Competitor comparison rates obtained from Informa Research Services, Inc. Calabasas, CA, informars.com, using Illinois high yield savings rates with a minimum balance of at least $2,500. Rates are only as accurate as the information reported to Informa by the banks.
Online Savings Articles
“Set up automatic deposits from your checking to each of your savings accounts.”
It’s one thing to save. It’s another to save for a specific reason. Here are five steps to help you set savings goals and reach them... Read more
“Take 20% of the cost of the home you can afford and you’ve got your savings goal.”
Right about now would seem like the perfect time to buy a home. Interest rates are low, which means you’ll pay less over the life of the loan. And homes are generally cheaper than they were during the housing boom. Read more
How to Apply
Before you begin your application, be sure to have the following Primary and Joint Ownership information on hand: Social Security Number, date of birth (Account Owners must be at least 18 years old), email address (required for online applications only), and valid US street address (no PO Box). If you plan to fund your Account electronically, you’ll also need your existing bank account and routing number.
If you are an existing GE Capital Bank customer, please Sign In to begin your application.
Select a Primary or Joint Owner
Select a Savings Product
Review, sign, and submit application
Fund by electronic transfer, wire transfer, or check
Register for Online Banking
Online Savings FAQs
No, there is no minimum deposit to open and no minimum balance required. After 60 days of not funding your Account, GE Capital Bank reserves the right to close the Account.
There are four ways you can add money to your Account:
- Transfer funds between your GE Capital Bank Accounts and external bank accounts that have been linked in Online Banking.
- You can direct deposit payments, for example all or part of your payroll or Social Security, directly into your GE Capital Bank Online Savings Account. For payroll, simply provide your employer with the GE Capital Bank routing number (1240-8526-0) and your Account number to enable them to deposit funds directly into your Account. For Social Security, you can go to the Social Security website to schedule your direct deposit.
- Send a domestic wire transfer from another bank. You will need to provide the GE Capital Bank routing number (1240-8526-0) and your Account number.
- Send a check by U.S. mail (please don't send cash).
GE Capital Bank
PO Box 4571
Carol Stream, IL 60197-4571
Please make the check payable to your name (make sure the name is the same as on the account) or GE Capital Bank. Please endorse the back of any check with the words “For Deposit Only” and include your Account number.
Sign In to Online Banking to access and manage your Account online.
In Online Banking, you can:
- Check balances
- Track your recent transactions and deposits
- Choose environmentally friendly paperless statements to get your statements sooner
- Transfer money online securely
You have the option of registering for Online Banking at the time you open your first GE Capital Bank Account. If you did not register for Online Banking at the time of Account opening, simply register for access now.
There are no transaction fees at GE Capital Bank.
There are two ways you can withdraw money from your Account through GE Capital Bank:
- Electronic Transfer: Transfer funds to domestic accounts you own at another financial institution that have been linked to your GE Capital Bank Account and that we have verified are owned by you.
- Wire Transfer: Send a domestic wire transfer to accounts you own at other financial institutions by calling us toll free at 1-855-730-SAVE (7283) Monday through Friday, 7am to 11pm CT. Wires requested after 3pm CT will be considered received on the next business day. In most circumstances, we will only allow a transfer of funds from your Account at GE Capital Bank to an account you own at another financial institution. It may take one (1) to three (3) business days to process your request. Wire transfers are subject to our wire transfer security procedures.
There is a limit of six withdrawals per statement cycle for Online Savings Accounts.
There is an outgoing transfer limit of $125,000 per online transaction. If you need to make a transfer greater than $125,000, please call us toll free at 1-855-730-SAVE (7283) Monday through Friday, 7am to 11pm CT.
Note: We may change our transfer limit policies at any time. Any decrease will be subject to notice, to the extent required by law.
The maximum Account balance is $1,000,000, not including accrued interest.
At our discretion, we may establish a deposit limit across all of the Accounts owned by you. The current maximum balance per customer is $3,000,000, not including accrued interest. We may refuse or return any deposit into an Account which exceeds the limit.
For more information, view all FAQs